Breakfast Waffle Sandwich with Ricotta Dill Spread
This balanced, satisfying, and nutritious breakfast (or brunch) is made with healthful ingredients like arugula, avocado, and eggs. The APPLEGATE NATURALS® Chicken & Sage breakfast sausage brings an extra layer of flavor to this sandwich, made with crispy waffles and ricotta dill spread. It's perfect for kids and grown-ups.
As featured in The Applegatarian.
Makes 1 Sandwich | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
Ricotta Dill Spread:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 3 sprigs fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 clove garlic, minced Salt and pepper
- 2 store-bought or prepared waffles
- 1 APPLEGATE NATURALS® Chicken & Sage Breakfast Sausage Patty
- Arugula, sliced avocado, sliced tomato, sliced cucumber
For the dill spread:
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
For the sandwich:
- Heat the waffles according to package instructions.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons ricotta dill spread on the waffles, then add the patty, arugula, avocado, tomato, and cucumber.
Annie Siegfried is a dietitian, food writer, and photographer. The recipes she makes are inspired by the people she loves most and places she visits. As a dietitian, she is a big supporter of intuitive eating and is against restrictive diets. She loves creating gourmet recipes that are nourishing for the body and the soul.