Spicy Maple Candied Bacon
If you like a little spice with your sweet, you’ll love these candied bacon strips from chef Ian Knauer of The Farm Cooking School. They’re as good as an after-dinner treat as they are at the brunch table.
Makes about 8 pieces | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 package Applegate Naturals® Thick Cut Bacon or Applegate Naturals® Sunday Bacon® Brand
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack inside the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and cayenne in a bowl. Brush each piece of bacon all over with the syrup mixture and arrange on the rack.
- Bake until the bacon is glazed and almost crisp (it will crisp up more as it cools), 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate or a clean rack and cool before serving.
- The bacon can be made up to 2 days ahead, cooled completely, and stored in an airtight container.