Tampa Dog: Cuban-Style with Ham, Swiss and Pickles
We’ve long loved the traditional Cuban sandwich combo of ham, swiss and pickles…so it’s no surprise we also love it with the addition of a hot dog.
Watch the videoTampa Dog
Makes 8 | Total Time: Less Than 15 Mins
- 1 package Applegate Organics® The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog™ Brand
- 1 package hot dog buns, toasted
- Spicy brown mustard
- 1 (7-ounce) package Applegate Naturals® Black Forest Ham
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Naturals® Emmentaler Swiss Cheese
- 2–3 dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Grill hot dogs to desired doneness.
- Slather one half of each toasted bun with mayonnaise and the other half with mustard.
- Lay 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese in each bun and top with a grilled hot dog.
- Tuck a few pickle slices into each bun.
- If you like, wrap each assembled hot dog in aluminum foil and press in a hot panini press until cheese is melted.