Meaty Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Riced cauliflower mixed with egg, almond flour and parmesan makes a naturally protein-rich, gluten-free pizza crust. The chopped bacon makes it extra delicious.
As Featured in The Applegatarian.
Serves 6 | Total Time: Less Than 60 Mins
- 1 (8-oz) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® No Sugar Bacon, chopped
- 1 large head (about 3 lbs) cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp kosher salt1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 (3-oz) package APPLEGATE NATURALS® Charcuterie Trio
- 1 oz APPLEGATE NATURALS® Pork and Beef Pepperoni
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Crushed hot pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over moderate heat, stirring often, until crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- To make the crust, pulse half of the cauliflower in a food processor until it’s riced. Transfer the cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess water. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower. Add the almond flour, parmesan, eggs, salt and cooled bacon and stir well to combine.
- Scrape the cauliflower mixture onto the lined baking sheet and use your hands to press into an even layer. Bake until crust is dry and golden in spots, 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the tomatoes and shredded mozzarella over the crust. Top with the meat. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is bubbling, 12-15 minutes.
- Top pizza with the arugula and hot pepper flakes. Cut into pieces and serve at once.